There’s more to roses than being a favorite treat from your special someone on special occasions. These sweet-smelling flowers are a powerful skincare ingredient.
They have properties that balance and moisturize your skin. They also hold potent antioxidants to help enhance the overall health of your skin. For these reasons, you’ll find a lot of beauty brands incorporating their products with rose water, including toners.
And the most popular way to take advantage of rose water benefits is by using the best rose water toner. These beauty products are gentle and ideal for those suffering from dry or sensitive skin.
But before we head on to our list, here’s some essential information you need to know about rose water.
- What’s A Rose Water Toner?
- Why Is Rosewater A Great Ingredient For Toners?
- Things To Look Out For When Choosing The Best Rose Water Toners
- #1 Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
- #2 Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater
- #3 InstaNatural Rose Water Facial Toner Organic Anti-Aging Mist
- #4 Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner
- #5 Heritage Store Rosewater with Glycerin
- #6 Baie Botanique Anti-Aging Face Serum
- #7 Teak Naturals 100% Organic Natural Moroccan Rosewater
- #8 Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist Natural Face Toner
- #9 Alteya Organics USDA Organic Rose Water
- #10 Teddie Organics Rose Water Facial Toner Spray
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Rose Water Toners?
- Things To Remember When Shopping
- Different Uses Of Rose Water
What’s A Rose Water Toner?
Rose water is effective at hydrating and soothing your skin. Some toners are pure rosewater. However, there are also some rosewater blends, designed to target specific skin issues.
The component is anti-inflammatory and can help calm sensitive skin. They’re great if you have eczema, rosacea, or redness.
The best rose water toners available today do everything, from reducing eye puffiness to combating acne. You can even blend or tailor it to ensure it’s suitable for your needs and problems.
Why Is Rosewater A Great Ingredient For Toners?
Toners are the best way to bring out the potential of roses. Toning is the right time in your skincare routine to really maximize their benefits for your skin.
After cleansing, you should apply toner right away to rebalance your skin tone. This is what the soothing rose water is good at. Its moisturizing power is also intense, making it the perfect alternative to your alcohol-based toners which dry out the skin.
Rosewater toners are also great makeup setting sprays. They are hydrating, so you can achieve that dewy and glowing finish. You’ll love this effect, especially if you have dry skin.
Things To Look Out For When Choosing The Best Rose Water Toners
Rose water has been used as a remedy since ancient times. It’s a beauty treatment known worldwide. So to help you find the right one for your needs, here are some things you need to look out before making any purchase.
- Antibacterial. Antibacterial properties are common in beauty products. Choose an antibacterial rosewater toner that hinders bacterial growth over time.
- Alcohol-Free. These types of skin toners can also come in several various formulations. Some contain alcohol, while some don’t. Opt for an alcohol-free rosewater toner as much as possible, especially if you have dry and sensitive skin.
- Organic. Roses are, of course, the main ingredient of rosewater toner. However, some of the sweetest-smelling options out there are made only with organic red roses.
- Skin Calming. Rose water can soothe your skin. Some are also skin calming, which can help alleviate skin redness and other possible issues.
With that in mind, here’s a list of the best rose water toners on the market today to help narrow down your choices.
#1 Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal is a blend of rosewater and optimal ingredients. It revitalizes and nourishes the skin. The best-selling product is jam-packed with extracts from plants and herbs, as well as fragrances. It combines roses with citrus, aloe vera, and hazel.
The 12-ounce toner is an offering from a company that produces fabulous skincare products for more than 100 years. Aside from being alcohol-free, it’s also free from phthalates and parabens. It means it will not leave your skin dry.
Additionally, the hypoallergenic product contains plenty of vitamin E to improve your overall skin health. You can even mix it with avocado oil or lavender to turn it into a relaxing massage oil.
#2 Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater
The Mario Badescu Facial Spray Rose Water Toner is a budget-friendly option. It will not only hydrate your skin but you can also use it as a primer.
The multi-tasking skincare product includes a blend of fancy herbs exclusive to the brand. The combination of these ingredients is great at relieving dry skin in a single spritz.
Although it’s a non-irritating toner, it does contain fragrance. So it’s something you need to consider if your skin is sensitive to added fragrances.
#3 InstaNatural Rose Water Facial Toner Organic Anti-Aging Mist
If you want a healthy and blooming skin, InstaNatural Rose Water Facial Toner is a must-try. The 4-ounce beautiful bottle is filled with 100% rose water. It is crafted naturally and does not contain any artificial ingredients.
This rose water toner is rich with antioxidants, as well as vitamins A and C. It’s great for both haircare and skincare use. Simply incorporate it into your beauty routine every night by massaging it gently in your skin.
The pure hydrating product has a natural floral scent that will relax you. If you have sunburn, you can combine the rose water with aloe vera to treat it. It’s a natural toner that will balance the pH levels of your skin.
#4 Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner
Level up your skincare routine with the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner. This toner is ultra-hydrating and will leave your skin hydrated all day long.
The toner has a skin-softening formula suitable for all skin types. It will gently cleanse and remove all residual impurities in your skin while refining your pores.
It is infused with leaf extracts and rose petals to retain moisture and soothe your skin. The rose fruit extract, on the other hand, will tone your entire face. All these ingredients will leave your skin feeling invigorated and prepped. It is paraben, sulfate, and phthalate-free as well.
#5 Heritage Store Rosewater with Glycerin
Heritage Store Rose Water is alcohol-free and 100% vegan. Its glycerin ingredient will protect and moisturize your skin. The combination of potent rose water and glycerin offers numerous potential applications.
It has the ability to set your makeup and give you a dewy look. You can also use it as a natural perfume or aromatherapy. You can even spray some on your hair to give it a bit of shine and help fight split ends.
The water in this toner is special also, as it has undergone a magnetized and vortexed process. Your beauty regimen will never be the same once you use this skincare.
#6 Baie Botanique Anti-Aging Face Serum
Bai Boutique Rose Water Anti-Aging is a toner and serum in one. The botanical, innovative skincare has roses at its primary ingredient. The rose oil content of the serum will tone and moisturize your skin. It will nourish and calm it, providing you with the ultimate glow.
There’s more to this anti-aging serum than that though. It also contains a healthy dose of Hyaluronic Acid. The powerful and natural moisture-binding ingredient will keep the elasticity of your skin. Moreover, it will renew evenness, bringing out the healthy, fresh glow of your complexion.
#7 Teak Naturals 100% Organic Natural Moroccan Rosewater
This Rose Water Toner by Teaks Natural is a pure flower toner. It will calm not only your irritated face but your body and hair as well. The Moroccan Damask rose water can also help balance the pH levels of your skin. Once it settles in your skin, it will enrich it with moisture, antioxidants, and vitamins.
The toner has that wonderful smell of natural roses, which means it’s made from the real thing. Aside from being a toner, you can also use it for cleansing and makeup removal.
Use this 4-ounce rosewater toner lightly in your face in the morning and night. It also works well at hydrating your hair and entire skin. It’s perfect at taking care of issues such as acne, dark marks, hand spots, and combination to oily skin. Furthermore, it doesn’t have alcohol and any additives.
#8 Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist Natural Face Toner
Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist with organic botanical ingredients is a favorite among beauty professionals. So what makes this rose water tone so good?
For starters, it comes with a wide array of ingredients beneficial for your skin. Secondly, its rose components are organic and hand-picked from the company’s farm in Australia.
Spritz the fantastic skincare in your face after washing to balance and calm your complexion. You can then continue with your beauty routine, as its moisturizing power helps your creams and serums penetrate your skin better.
The rosewater toner is great at erasing redness while ensuring your face is hydrated all the time. It’s also an amazing makeup setting spray, as it can give you with that beautiful, dewy look.
And during hot days when you’re feeling a bit sweaty, simply spritz it all over your face. It’ll refresh your makeup, boosts hydration, and provide you with a lovely glow.
#9 Alteya Organics USDA Organic Rose Water
Made from real Bulgarian Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Alteya Organics Rose Water is so pure, you can even use it in your food. The roses used here are grown by Bulgarian farmers in Rose Valley.
They are steamed, and their floral essence is transferred in the water. It means that you’ll have all the benefits of this precious distillation.
The rose water toner is perfect as a cleanser and astringent. You can also combine it with your face mask or bubble bath for a relaxing and indulgent treat.
Moreover, you can use the delicate to prepare traditional South Asian and Middle Eastern cuisines as well.
#10 Teddie Organics Rose Water Facial Toner Spray
Teddie Organics Rose Water Toner is 100% organic and pure. It does not contain any preservatives, artificial fragrances, and harsh chemicals.
The vegan toner has a formulation that contains one ingredient, making it a great option for all skin types. It will provide the skin around your face and neck with instant hydration. And since it’s natural, it’s a good makeup remover and will not cause breakouts and acne.
If you’re suffering from an extreme case of rosacea, this is the perfect skincare for you. The product doesn’t contain witch hazel that irritates rosacea. It’s the best rosewater toner to alleviate your existing skin concern without causing any additional problems.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Rose Water Toners?
100% All Natural
Traditional toners contain harsh ingredients that may harm your skin more than help it. Rosewater toners, on the other hand, are natural and eco-friendly. Thus, they’re one of the best ways to take care of your skin.
Works Well For Different Skin Concerns
Rose water has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities. It’s not only great against acne, but it also promotes skin growth around your pimples. As a result, it’ll help them open and recover.
Additionally, the ingredient is efficient against eczema, irritated skin, and dermatitis. It’s a great option if your skin gets dry or sensitive to commercial toners. It’s also the perfect vegan makeup remover.
Thanks to its antioxidant properties, rosewater can help repair your skin cells and revive skin tissues.
Most commercial skincare products contain harsh chemical scents. It’s quite hard to ignore their pungent smell when applying them on your face.
On the other hand, rosewater toners have a light floral fragrance that you can enjoy all day long.
According to research, the smell of roses is excellent at enhancing mood. It relieves you the feelings of stress and anxiety. It also improves emotional well-being, giving you that relaxed feeling.
Hydrates And Soothes Your Skin
The anti-inflammatory characteristics of rose water help to soothe and hydrate your skin. Combining it with green tea can also minimize the razor bumps on your skin. It’s also good at reducing puffiness under your eyes.
Moreover, rosewater keeps skin moisturized. Regular application can keep your face not only look hydrated and dewy, but healthy as well.
Treats And Prevents Infections
The antiseptic properties of rose water are potent. It’s so powerful, it can treat and prevent various infections. For this reason, it is often added in a range of medicinal and natural treatments.
Things To Remember When Shopping
Keep the following things in mind to ensure you’ll end up with a rose water toner of the highest quality made from real roses:
- Make sure it is made through distillation. Rosewater that has gone through several production processes is not traditional and natural.
- Think twice about buying a toner if it has plenty of ingredients. The reason for this is to prolong the product’s shelf life and lower its production cost. Those ingredients are not there to provide your skin with benefits.
- Check the ingredient list of the product. If rose water is listed far below, it means that the actual rosewater content of the toner is lesser.
- See if the product only highlights the rose’s scent. It’s an indicator that the main purpose of the rose ingredient is for fragrance’s scent only instead of providing benefits for your skin.
- Go for brands that know what goes into the production of rosewater and how it’s produced. Make sure they can answer any questions you have in mind.
Different Uses Of Rose Water
No doubt the simplest and best way to utilize the benefits of rose water is to apply it at night time. It will clear away all impurities from your face collected throughout the day.
- Facial Toner. Chill your rose water and wet a soft cotton ball with it. Cleanse your skin and dab it on. Its mild astringent qualities can keep your pores tight while gently toning your skin.
- Spritz It. Spritzing rose water on your face or over your makeup will make it radiant. Use it in the morning as part of your beauty routine so that your face will stay hydrated and fresh all day long.
- Facial Cleanser. Rosewater is perfect for all types of skin. Simply add a drop or two of glycerine to a tablespoon of rose water, and apply it on your face after a mild wash.
- Acne Solution. Say goodbye to your acne by mixing 1 tablespoon of rose water and lemon juice. Apply it on problem areas and leave for about 30 minutes, and then wash it with fresh water.
- Makeup Remover. It’s also a tried and tested makeup remover. Combine a few drops of coconut oil and rose water on a cotton pad, and then cleanse your entire face. Not only will the mixture wipe all your makeup off, but it will also deeply nourish your skin. Make sure to rub gently to avoid skin irritation.
If you haven’t added the best rose water toner in your skincare routine, then it’s high time that you do. This natural beauty regimen has been used for many years. It’s vegan, eco-friendly, and works well on almost all skin types. It’s an efficient product that will leave your skin glowing, hydrated, and healthy.