Regular exfoliation is crucial for achieving smooth and radiant skin from head to toe. It gets rid of the dead skin cell layers on the top, especially if you are aging. It also improves the penetration rate of serums, moisturizers, lotions, and other skincare products you are using.
From a washcloth to a loofah, there are many ways to carry out exfoliation as a part of your skincare routine. With that, in the rest of this short buying guide, we’ll talk about the top options for the best body exfoliator, including bath brushes and exfoliating gloves.
- 1 The Importance of Regular Exfoliation
- 2 Our Top Picks for the Best Body Exfoliator Tool
- 2.1 #1 Bar5F Dry Body Brush
- 2.2 #2 Caytraill Silicone Face and Body Cleansing Brush
- 2.3 #3 Dylonic Exfoliating Body Brush
- 2.4 #4 Rosena Dry Brushing Body Brush
- 2.5 #5 Exfoliating Brush by Wizker
- 2.6 #6 Fancii 7-in-1 Waterproof Electric Facial & Body Cleansing Brush Exfoliating Kit
- 2.7 #7 Touch Me 100% Natural Boar Bristle Body Brush
- 2.8 #8 Hommisafe Pure Silicone Food-Grade Body Brush
- 2.9 #9 Fantasea Natural Bristle Body Brush
- 2.10 #10 SMITCO Exfoliating Gloves
- 2.11 #11 EvridWear Exfoliating Dual Texture Bath Gloves
- 2.12 #12 Le’Edge Full Body Exfoliator
- 2.13 #13 Dove Men+Care Shower Tool, Active Clean
- 2.14 #14 GEPEGE Exfoliating Back Scrubber
- 2.15 #15 Aquis Exfoliating and Invigorating Back Scrubber
- 2.16 #16 HONOMA Shower Body Brush with bristles and Loofah
- 3 How to Choose the Best Body Exfoliator Tool
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Tips and Tricks for Exfoliating Your Body
- 6 Conclusion
The Importance of Regular Exfoliation
Before we start, let’s talk about the benefits of exfoliation, which will convince you to buy one of the tools that we’ll recommend in this short buying guide.
- It Unclogs Pores: Exfoliation prevents the congestion of pores on the face, especially on your forehead, nose, and chin. It stops the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. Because it unclogs the pores, this is also effective for those who have acne-prone skin.
- Improves the Absorption of Skincare Products: The presence of dead skin cells weakens the ability of the skin to absorb oils, moisturizers, and other facial care products. It also prepares the skin for the application of makeup.
- It Prevents Dryness: Dry or dehydrated skin is often a result of a lack of hydration. To make the skin hydrated, exfoliation helps as it removes impurities on the superficial layers and also helps absorb the skin hydrating products you are using.
- It Evens Skin Tone: If you have dark spots, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation, exfoliation also proves to be promising. Exfoliating twice a weak can help the dark skin marks to fade. Even for the rest of the body, it is effective in improving your skin tone.
- Gets Rid of Ingrown Hair: Especially on your arms and legs, exfoliation will allow hair to break through the skin. It makes the skin smoother.
- Increases Circulation and Turnover: It keeps the skin cells healthy, making you look fresh. By improving circulation, it also prevents lymphatic damage. On the other hand, by increasing cellular turnover, it helps reveal a fresher layer of the skin.
Our Top Picks for the Best Body Exfoliator Tool
Ready to shop for an exfoliating tool? Below are the top products that should be on your list, as well as the things that make them impressive.
#1 Bar5F Dry Body Brush
If you are looking for an affordable way to exfoliate your body, this is one of the best tools that should be on your radar. This body brush is originally designed for cellulite treatment, but with its construction, you can also use this for exfoliating.
While there are many reasons to love this product, one of the best is that it is made using 100% natural bristles. They are safe and gentle, even for people who have sensitive skin. The bristles are attached to plastic. Meanwhile, the plastic is attached to polished wood. You will also love how it comes with a linen strap, which makes it easy to hold. This is unlike other exfoliating brushes that might easily slip off your hand.
#2 Caytraill Silicone Face and Body Cleansing Brush
The versatility of this exfoliator tool is one of the best reasons to consider it over many of its competitors. There are four modes, so you can use it in more ways than one. You can use it with weak vibration, strong vibration, no vibration, or strong point vibration.
It uses a unique technology with rotating magnetic beads. Because it is electric, it does most of the work for you. There’s no need to exert a lot of effort to enjoy its exfoliating benefits. You also don’t have to worry about getting wet since it has an IPX7 waterproof rating.
The brush features both sonic vibration technology and stereo rotating magnetic system. They are gentle enough even for people with sensitive skin but powerful in the removal of dead skin cells and other impurities in the superficial layer of the skin.
In terms of its construction, it uses high-quality and food-grade silicone, which will be gentle on the skin. This is unlike those made with natural brushes that can be easily prone to shredding.
#3 Dylonic Exfoliating Body Brush
Compact and lightweight – these are two of the best things that will make this Dylonic brush an exceptional option. It is specifically designed for razor bumps and in-grown hair but equally effective when it comes to exfoliation.
Cleaning this exfoliator tool will be almost effortless. You can easily remove the top part of the brush and it separates from the handle. The manufacturer recommends that you change the brush every six months to keep it hygienic.
You will not have a problem when gripping this exfoliator, even when it is wet. It has an ergonomic grip that makes it easy to hold even when it is wet.
For your peace of mind, it is also good to know that the manufacturer is offering a money-back guarantee. If you are unhappy with how it works, just let the manufacturer know and they will issue an unconditional refund.
#4 Rosena Dry Brushing Body Brush
The manufacturer claims that using this body brush will reveal a fresher and brighter skin layer with just one use. One of the ways this is possible is through the dual scrubbing action from a combination of two materials. It has natural bore bristles combined with rubberized nodes.
With the long-term use of this exfoliating tool, some of the benefits that you can expect include reduction of cellulite, stimulation of lymphatic drainage, rejuvenation of skin cells, unclogging pores, and enhancing skin tightness, among others.
To prevent the brush from slipping when you are scrubbing, it has an elastic band that allows it to securely attach to your hand.
#5 Exfoliating Brush by Wizker
If you are looking for a lightweight and effective exfoliating tool, this is another option that is worth considering. The manufacturer claims that they have the lightest exfoliating brush, which is a good reason to consider this over others.
The brush comes with 223 micro-bristles. They are flexible but durable. Even the brush itself is soft enough that you can bend it and expect that there will be no damage. The diagonal spacing of the bristles is also a good thing, which prevents it from trapping dirt. Another good thing is the concave underside, which makes it easy to grip from behind.
#6 Fancii 7-in-1 Waterproof Electric Facial & Body Cleansing Brush Exfoliating Kit
Among others, one of the best reasons to love this product is its versatility. Aside from the silicone face brush, there are six other brush heads included as part of the kit. Regardless of your facial and cleansing needs, this is an exceptional choice. The heads have soft and natural bristles, making them gentle even if you have sensitive skin. The attachments include pumice stone and rolling massager.
Another thing that makes this versatile is the presence of two options when it comes to speed. You can choose from gentle exfoliation or deep cleansing. Regardless, there is a 360-degree rotary spin.
While this is battery-powered, there is nothing to worry about even when you are using this in the shower. It has IPX6 construction, which makes it water-resistant.
#7 Touch Me 100% Natural Boar Bristle Body Brush
One thing that we love the most about this product is how the bristles are made hair from natural boar. Unlike other bristles, this is sturdier. Even with regular use, it won’t easily shred. It is also gentle and smooth, so no need to worry that it can irritate. Even if you have sensitive skin, using this exfoliating tool is completely safe.
The bristles come with a light-colored wooden handle, which is quite long. There is an ergonomic grip so you can easily hold the brush, even when it is wet. There is also a cotton loop, which allows you to easily hang the brush in the shower.
#8 Hommisafe Pure Silicone Food-Grade Body Brush
If you prefer silicone over boar bristles, this makes an excellent alternative to the product mentioned above. It is made of soft and gentle silicone. This is also believed to be up to 35 times more hygienic compared to using a washcloth for exfoliation.
The precise grip design makes this an impressive pick for the best body exfoliation tools. It easily fits in your palm and there are holes where you can insert your fingers at the back, making sure that you will maintain a strong grip of the exfoliator while you are scrubbing your body. It is made of flexible material, unlike others with a wooden body. This also means that it can easily follow the contour of the body depending on the part that you are scrubbing.
#9 Fantasea Natural Bristle Body Brush
As it is common with many of the body exfoliator tools on the market, this is also made of natural soft bristles. Even if you have sensitive skin, these bristles will be gentle enough. This is unlike others that can be too sharp or hard, which can irritate your skin with long term use.
The handle of this body brush comes with an elastic strap, which will keep it secure in your hand. Even when the brush is wet, you will be happy to know that it is never slippery.
#10 SMITCO Exfoliating Gloves
For something different from the body exfoliating tools that have been mentioned above, this is an excellent choice. This isn’t one of those tools that will fall off your hand when it gets wet or slippery because of soap. Since you are wearing the gloves, it stays on your hand, regardless of how intense you are scrubbing.
If you have rough and bumpy skin, these gloves can offer the perfect solution. They are also effective for getting rid of body acne and in-grown body hairs.
To keep it hygienic, make sure to wash the gloves regularly. This won’t require too much work on your end as they are machine-washable.
The gloves are made of spa-quality nylon. Even if they frequently get wet and with repeated washes, the gloves will remain in good shape.
#11 EvridWear Exfoliating Dual Texture Bath Gloves
Like the product that has been mentioned above, it is also in the form of gloves. Along with your favorite bath soap or gel, it exfoliates and reveals a fresher layer of radiant and youthful skin.
The material is stretchable, which also means that it will fit most hand sizes of its users. It is also durable. It is made using 100% nylon fibers that are not harsh on the skin. Even after a long time of use, the material remains supple. However, make sure to wash it regularly to keep it hygienic.
#12 Le’Edge Full Body Exfoliator
Do not let the simplicity of its design fool you. It might seem simple at first, but it is powerful in terms of its exfoliation benefits. Even better, you can use if from head to toe, so you can never go wrong by buying this tool.
Dubbed as “the next generation in exfoliation,” the stainless steel edge of this tool is what does most of the job to get rid of the dead cells on the superficial layer of the skin. It also comes with an ergonomic handle, which makes it effortless to grip this tool while you are moving it through your skin.
Lastly, to provide peace of mind to its users and to give you another convincing reason to choose this product, the manufacturer is offering a standard 12-month warranty.
#13 Dove Men+Care Shower Tool, Active Clean
Designed for men, the brand name alone is already a good reason to choose this over other products. It has a dual-action, which makes it versatile. On one side, there is a mesh for thick cleansing. On the other side, there is a scrub that works for exfoliation. As the manufacturer recommends, for the best results, you have to use it along with Dove Men+Care bath products.
You will enjoy value for money with this body exfoliator tool as it comes in a pack of four. However, to keep it hygienic, the manufacturer recommends that you replace it once every four to six weeks.
It is more compact than most of the exfoliator tools that you will find on the market. It has raised edges with a contoured shape to make it easier to grip. There is also a small string at the top so that you can easily hang it.
#14 GEPEGE Exfoliating Back Scrubber
This has a distinct design compared to most of the exfoliating tools that you will find in the market. It is designed in such a way that it will be easy to exfoliate your back. This is a common problem with most products since it is hard to reach your back. It has handles on each end and you can easily scrub your back.
Another thing that you will love in this product is how it is made to last. It uses durable materials that are also machine-washable, making it easy to keep it hygienic. Even after several laundry cycles, the material remains durable. This is unlike brushes with bristles that can easily shred.
Speaking of the material, it is also a good thing that it dries quickly. This prevents the growth of mold and mildew.
#15 Aquis Exfoliating and Invigorating Back Scrubber
This exfoliating tool exists in the form of a back scrubber, which is similar to the product mentioned above. This is the best accessory in the shower. No more need to have a hard time reaching your back!
Ease of use is another thing that you will like in the exfoliating tool. There are two handles at each end of the product. All that you have to do is to pull it and the cloth will scratch your back while exfoliating at the same time.
#16 HONOMA Shower Body Brush with bristles and Loofah
It is another exfoliating tool that you can use for your back. One of its best assets is the long handle, so you can reach your back easily.
Aside from the length, another reason to love this product is its versatility. There are two sides, both of which will be effective for exfoliating your body. One side is a brush with soft bristles. The other side has a loofah.
Whether for wet or dry brushing, this can prove to be an exceptional product. According to the manufacturer, some of the benefits of using this product include removing dead skin cells, stimulating blood circulation, and improving skin quality, among others.
How to Choose the Best Body Exfoliator Tool
You will be overwhelmed with the selection of body exfoliating tools, but this should not make you decide in haste. To help you trim down your list, below are some of the most important considerations:
- Skin Type: One of the most important is to choose an exfoliator tool that is suitable for your skin type. You have to be more cautious if you have sensitive skin, making sure to choose a tool that isn’t too harsh.
- Target Body Part: If you are looking for a tool that can be used in the arms, legs, and other parts with soft skin, scrubs and brushes are enough. On the other hand, for the feet or other parts with hard skin, pumice stone might be the best choice.
- Material: It is important to consider the materials because it has a direct impact on the performance, effectiveness, and durability of your chosen exfoliation tool. Especially if you are getting on in the form of brush, make sure that the bristles are gentle on the skin and will be long-lasting.
Got questions about body exfoliator tool? Here, we’ll try to answer some of them to help you become a well-informed buyer.
How Often Should You Exfoliate Your Body?
Most experts agree that exfoliating the body two to three times a week is enough. If you have sensitive skin, you should do it once or twice a week to prevent irritation. If you exfoliate too often, you might get rid even of the healthy skin cells.
What Happens If You Over-Exfoliate?
Over-exfoliation harms your body in more ways than one, especially if you have sensitive skin. Your skin may end up red and swollen. Dryness is also a common problem since you are getting rid of the natural oils in your body.
Do You Exfoliate Before or After Washing Your Body?
Use an exfoliator tool before you wash or cleanse your body. It removes the dead skin cells, residue, and dirt. This also prepares the body for the application of other body care products. If you exfoliate after washing, chances are, there will be residues on the surface.
What are the Different Types of Body Exfoliator Tool?
Tips and Tricks for Exfoliating Your Body
Before we end this post, we’ll leave you with valuable insights on some of the best practices for exfoliating your body aside from the use of the right tool:
- Pay attention to the parts of the body that are extremely dry, including your elbows, knees, and feet.
- Take a bath or shower before exfoliating. This will help the pores to open up, which increases the effectiveness of exfoliation.
- Exfoliate gently. Regardless of the tool you are using, scrub your body gently. If you scrub too hard, this can irritate your skin.
- For the best results, use other products that can help in improving exfoliation. A good example of this is an exfoliating lotion that contains AHA.
With the best body exfoliator tool, including the products mentioned above, it will be easier to remove dead skin cells on the surface. It helps to get rid of ingrown skin and dull skin, among other problems. With regular exfoliation, you will have glowing and youthful skin!
Are there other exfoliating tools that you would like to add to our list? Are there exfoliating tips you would like to share? Do not hesitate to leave a comment below.